Thanks to our patent-pending technology, audio-based beacons have finally become a reality.
The key to our SonBeacon technology is the audio signal that was developed together with the Fraunhofer Institute for Secure Information Technology.
- The SonoBeacon technology uses audio frequencies (20 to 22 kHz) in which the information is modulated. The audio signal is inaudible for the human ear.
- The watermarked signal is transmitted by a conventional speaker.
- A microphone receives the audio signal and detects the watermark.
- The detection of the signal is executed within a single device i.e. a smartphone. An internet connection is only necessary for requesting the content that needs to be displayed.
- Based on the configuration, further actions can be triggered (i.e. the transmission of a shopping cart, context-sensitive content, coupons etc.)
Step 1: Create signal
The SonoBeacon technology generates a high-frequency signal ...
... which is transmitted by a new or existing speaker or audio source.
Step 2: Detect signal and trigger action
A SonoBeacon enabled app or website ...
... detects the high-frequency signal and triggers a configured action.
Based on our SonoBeacon technology, we are able to offer two different products that are best suited for all industries.