Thanks to our patent-pending technology, audio-based beacons have finally become a reality.
The key to our SoundBeacon is audio watermarking.
- The SonoBeacon technology uses audio frequencies (20 to 22 kHz) in which the information is modulized. The audio signal is inaudible for the human ear.
- The transmission of the watermarked signal is done via a conventional speaker.
- A microphone is receiving the audio signal and detects the watermark.
- The detection of the signal is executed within a single device i.e. a smartphone. An internet connection is only necessary for requesting the content that need to be displayed.
- Based on the configuration, further actions can be triggered (i.e. the transmission of a shopping cart, context-sensitive content, coupons etc.)